At BEAU, a designated Military Friendly® School in Utah, we are so committed to the success of our military students we have dedicated staff here to assist you. We will work to help you transition to civilian life, excel at BEAU and achieve your future goal of a career in the entertainment arts.
Credit for Your Military Service
When you enroll at BEAU, we will evaluate your eligibility to receive college credit for your military training and experience. We follow American Council on Education (ACE) standards. We will review the Joint Service Transcript for U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy and Coast Guard, which is requested when you enroll. The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) requires your signature and must be mailed to the CCAF.
VA Educational Benefits
BEAU will help you access the educational financial benefits you worked so hard to earn, including the:
- Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty
- Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve
- Post-9/11 GI Bill®
- Survivors and Dependents Assistance
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E)
Please Note: It can take up to 12 weeks for the VA to begin benefit payments, so it’s important that you apply as soon as you register for courses at BEAU.
Military Student Scholarships
BEAU offers the following military scholarships. For more information regarding eligibility guidelines, please review the Course Catalog:
- Military Active Duty/Retired Scholarship: Designed to reward students for their military service to our country. Active duty and retired service members of the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard and Drilling Reserve/National Guard, who are registered for at least 6 credits in an undergraduate program, are eligible. Award is 25% off tuition. Cannot be used in conjunction with, or in addition to, any other BEAU military scholarships.
- Military Advantage Scholarship: For qualified military personnel who are registered for at least 6 credits in an undergraduate program or 3 credits in a master’s program. Award is 10% off tuition. Cannot be used in conjunction with, or in addition to, any other BEAU military scholarships.
- Purple Heart Scholarship: In recognition for service members and veterans who were wounded in the Gulf Wars, Operation Desert Storm, Operation Enduring Freedom, and Operation Iraqi Freedom. Also for spouse/domestic partner or dependents of service members killed in action during these conflicts. Covers the cost of remaining tuition and fees once elected federal and state financial aid, military aid, and Veterans Affairs benefits have been deducted from the total amount. Student must be registered for at least 12 credits to be eligible for the quarter. Graduate students must be registered for at least six graduate credits to be eligible for the quarter. Cannot be used in conjunction with, or in addition to, any other BEAU military scholarships.
If you’re deployed, relocated or face any other such issue while you’re a student at BEAU, we’ll help evaluate your options so you can keep on track with completing your education.
If you have questions or concerns, email or call our dedicated military services office at 877-410-0475.
To be admitted to BEAU, you must have a high school diploma or GED and provide one of the following:
- Minimum ACCUPLACER test scores of: Reading Comprehension 45, Sentence Skills 45, and Arithmetic 25,
- Minimum composite ACT score of 21
- Minimum composite SAT score of 1485 (or 990 if taken prior to March 2006)
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved institution
Please note: Some of our programs have additional requirements. Email or call our admissions team at 1-801-288-2787 to learn more.