Request Info

Request Info

Find out what BEAU can do for you. We can assist you with possible scholarship opportunities, credit for work experience, and much more.

By checking the box above, you are giving your express written consent for BEAU to contact you regarding our programs and services using email, telephone, or text—including our use of automated technology for calls and periodic texts to any wireless number you provide. Message and data rates may apply. This consent is not required to purchase goods/services and you may always call us directly at 877-437-6060.

SHARE: Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookPin on Pinterest

Game Art Student is Sales Manager by Day, Musician by Night

Jared Williamson says his two favorite past times have always been video games and music. He is currently in a band, but he pursuing his other passion as a game art student at Broadview Entertainment Arts University (BEAU).

Jared says he likes the scheduling options at BEAU because he is able to make time for school within his busy lifestyle.

“I am one who believes life is too short to waste,” he says. “During the day, I manage a team of 60 plus people in sales. At night I take to the stage with my band, constantly rocking the audience with new original songs.”

The knowledgeable instructors and hands-on experience are also perks of the program for Jared.

“I like getting to use the tools that are found at all state-of-the art studios we will all be working for someday,” says Jared. “We are getting real-world experience from people who have worked in the industry and collaborating on projects.”

Jared says that real-world experience includes being recognized by the staff and asked to participate in activities that use his talents and expose him to potential employers.

“Student work is always being put on display, not only at the school, but used for larger scale productions in all forms of media,” he says. “[It’s] very worth the time and effort. The staff also works hard to assist you in getting employment in the industry.”

Although he is studying game art, Jared is also interested in getting an education in his other passion, music.

“I am also now interested in pursuing a music production degree,” he says. “I will continue to work in the industry until I am either able to tour as a musician again, or start up my own record label. I aspire to once again be a successful musician and travel the country playing a different show in a different city every night.”

Visit the BEAU visual design program page to learn more.

PREVIOUS