Request Info

Request Info

Find out what BEAU can do for you. We can assist you with possible scholarship opportunities, credit for work experience, and much more.

By checking the box above, you are giving your express written consent for BEAU to contact you regarding our programs and services using email, telephone, or text—including our use of automated technology for calls and periodic texts to any wireless number you provide. Message and data rates may apply. This consent is not required to purchase goods/services and you may always call us directly at 877-437-6060.

SHARE: Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookPin on Pinterest

Senior Students Show Their Stuff

Graduate Megan Wright stands proudly next to her senior artowork. (photo courtesy of Stephanie Foster)

Five students graduating from BEAU’s BFA program recently held their senior exhibition—a nerve-wracking event where the graduates’ best student work is framed and displayed for all to see (and silently judge). This was an especially important show because it marked the first time students from BEAU’s game art and comic and sequential art programs would graduate. 

The room was packed with visitors, family and fellow students. There were animations, illustrations, character art, 3D models, sketches, sculptures, new fonts and other mediums. If nothing else, the show displayed the dedication of students who have worked their way through their programs.

Kristina Balay’s (game art) featured a skinned bat creature, a modeled skull, and a monitor that showcased her amazing animations and models that was displayed on a metal table used to slaughter animals. Kristina’s artist statement is: “Whenever I create something, I strive to create an emotional response, even if those emotions are less than pleasant. I infuse the 3D models I create or animate with their own personality and soul.”

Lehi Jenks’ (game art) work consisted of two traditional pieces including a sculpture and charcoal. He also displayed most of his 3D work on a monitor. Next to his work he had written, “I like to observe. When I look at something, I pick it up in my mind and rotate, spin, and take it apart to see all sides and components. I take inspiration from wherever I can make it my own, adapting to make it unique.” 

Megan Wright’s (comic and sequential art) designs showcased a polished manga style that she had made her own. Megan spoke on how she plans to take the designs and skills she learned at BEAU and make a web comic. “I am in the business of stories, and I am always striving to hear more stories, both fictional and nonfictional.”

McLean Paul (comic and sequential art) displayed a distinct style of black and white in his figure drawing and composition. “Ink and brush are my weapons of choice. Chiaroscuro, the strong contrast between light and dark, is the life blood of my work.” 

David Kafton is stands with Graphic Design Program Chair Erin Coleman-Cruz during the senior art show. (Photo courtesy of Stephanie Foster)

Dave Kafton (graphic design) has a medieval theme to his work, highlighted by fonts and graphics. Dave said that he had come back to school to update his knowledge and in his words, “it was the best decision I ever made.” Whether or not you choose to believe a man wearing a kilt is up to you, but the work spoke for itself. 

The show showcases the years of learning and hard work these students had gone through, and their displays are up until May 9 on the 3rd floor at BEAU. Open to the public during business hours. 

PREVIOUS